Pages

31 December 2015

#52Ancestors - Week 52 - Resolution

Week 52 (December 24-31) – Resolution. A resolution can be something that you resolve to do. It can also be the end or conclusion of something. What ancestor do you resolve to find more about in 2016? What ancestor have you resolved conflicting evidence about?

OK, so it's December 31 and time to decide upon my 2016 genealogy research resolutions


When I wrote about each ancestor in 2015 as part of the 52 Ancestors in 52 weeks challenge, I made sure I was able to "prove" my thoughts with documentation.

But, as I've seen from following posts at Thomas MacEntee's Genealogy Do-Over, my record keeping is pretty poor - especially when it comes to my Mother's side of the family. In my early years of information gathering I relied on other people's research (or "say so") and I have little to no documentation to cite.

So for 2016, I resolve to order at least 1 new birth, marriage or death certificate each month from the UK's General Registrar's Office to ensure I have better records.

The first records I'm going to start with are the death records of James and Mary Casey - my great-great-great grandparents.

Thanks everyone for reading my posts in 2015. I will be trying to continue writing in 2016, but it may be a monthly posting instead of weekly from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment